Monday, October 12, 2009

Strange dreams I've had since beginning this blog

Dream 1: I am back in Palma de Mallorca and there is some kind of festival going on which leaves the city center very crowded, and I don't like that, so I walk on the outskirts where it's more deserted. Two policemen stop me and ask for my ID, so I give them my passport. They're just about to OK me when one says "Wait, we should search her backpack just to be safe." They find a lot of books in there, including one by a Basque author, and they question me about it. Suddenly, the city center goes dead still. The policemen say, "Oh no!" and run off. I get scared and hide. Then a scared-looking Spanish woman walks past and whispers "It's him!" to me. A big, tall, scraggly, silent man (whom I've seen handing out religious materials on Clinton Street in real life) comes and places a package near me and runs off. I'm just trying to decide what to do when I wake up.

Dream 2: Both my parents die. This dream SUCKED.

Dream 3: I have a rotten tooth that I keep pulling out over and over and over again. Every time I pull it out, there's a strand of gross, bloody flesh that I also have to pull out of the tooth-hole. And then I get it done and I'm relieved, only to find the damn tooth is right back where I left it. Gross!

Dream 4: I am flying kites with President Obama! He is a pretty good kite flyer.

Dream 5: I'm looking on Craigslist for a shack in the desert that I can rent over summer with Brian.

My head is a weird place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment