Saturday, October 10, 2009

This is the first post in my blog

It's a very sad thing: I abandoned my heretofore prolific blogging habits in favor of Facebook, and that's not cool. I love Facebook, but it's not the best place for writing, and I feel like getting out of the habit can't be a good idea. And so I vowed to blog again. However, I feel a certain lack of connection with Livejournal anymore, and decided, like so many before me, to move over to Blogger.

This blog will contain all the more in-depth thoughts I can't fit into a Facebook status update. Given the current state of my life it will be a lot of the following: weird dreams I have had, essays about how much I love Vic and Sade, essays about how Calvin and Hobbes is actually Don Quijote, essays and gripes about music, interesting facts about language, gripes about applying for grad school, scans of what little art I do, and pictures I've taken. I also expect to write so much about cooking that I made a second blog for that (food-is-your-friend.blogspot.com).

So, that's the size of it. It's nice if folks are reading this, but unlike back in the Livejournal days, I guess it really doesn't matter to me anymore if they aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment